The UF Levin College of Law presents an engaging 2-day event on March 28 and 29 for students, faculty, lawyers and judges to come together to discuss and express their thoughts on and experience with stalking and violence: domestic, sexual, and intimate partner violence. The school community is coming together to inform, increase awareness, and listen to the collegiate community’s voice around this sensitive and important topic.
During this event, WE WEAR PURPLE. Wear something purple one or both days, or pick-up a purple ribbon in the courtyard. To learn more about the even visit https://www.facebook.com/events/1840169266237474/.
Share your voice. Make a personal pledge for equality and consent and post on social media under #NoMore. What does respect mean to you? What does equality mean to you?
March 28 and 29 Agenda (10 a.m. – 2 p.m. both days in law school courtyard):
- Wednesday March 29 from 12pm – 1pm in Room 180: The Honorable Judge Colaw, 8th Judicial Circuit Judge, and victim advocate Gretchen Casey will speak about how violence permeates across all legal practice areas. They will also focus on why the UF Law community should care, how we can recognize when violence affects our clients and colleagues, and what healthy relationships look like.
- Statistics representing men, women, victims and UF Law students will be displayed. Come view and discuss!
- Tampon Drive
- Donate one or more feminine product items (tampons preferred)
- Donation receptacles will be available in the courtyard and in large lecture rooms for cold call immunity
- Event tables by:
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL)
- Christian Legal Society (CLS)
- Black Law Student Association (BLSA)
- Law Association for Women (LAW)
- Association for Public Interest Law (APIL)
- Mental Health Law Association (MHLA)
- and others!!!
On April 5 and 6, Embodiment Educator Sarah Byrden (www.theelementalself.com) will speak at various times depending on the workshop. You can expect to feel more empowered, valued, and safe in your decisions about sex. More information and workshop details will be available in the courtyard on March 28 and 29.
We have opportunities to engage and share in meaningful expressions of consent and respect to show our commitment to nonviolence. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please email Leif Stringer at email@example.com.